Newly Admitted Students
Newly admitted post-baccalaureate students must complete or understand the protocols listed below to access UMD accounts, resources, and systems.
Directory ID and Password
- See Activate the Directory ID.
- Use the UID provided in the admission email to log in.
- Set up TERPmail Password. A TERPmail account is automatically created for undergraduates who activate their Directory ID. Students receive instructions on setting up a TERPmail password via the email used on their application.
- TERPmail is UMD's official means of communication and is required for access to UMD Wireless Networks and UMD's electronic learning management system (ELMS).
Guidelines and Assistance
- Contact email@example.com.
- It may take up to two business days (Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm) for the Directory ID to become effective.
- TERPmail is UMD's official means of communication and is required for access to UMD Wireless Networks and UMD's electronic learning management system (ELMS). To learn more, see TERPmail Frequently Asked Questions.
To obtain a photo Student ID card, visit Office of the Registrar, Customer Services, First Floor, Mitchell Building.
UMD issues a 9-digit number (called UID) that is used to identify the student academic and financial record.
- The UID can be found by viewing the University Directory Entry.
- Always include this number when communicating with faculty or staff.