Before submitting the online application, applicants should review the individual program’s application process, admission requirements, deadlines, and transcript requirements. All required elements must be uploaded into the online application.
Graduate Programs in Geospatial Intelligence offers an in-person and an online learning option for each master’s or certificate. Depending on the specific subject area, the curriculum is identical for each delivery option. During the application process, applicants select the delivery format that provides the best fit for personal and professional life.
- International students requiring an I-20 or DC-2019 must apply for the Masters of Science in-person format. Upon admission into the in-person format, international students are eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- The University does not issue an I-20 or DC-2019 for 100% online programs. International students admitted into the online learning option are not eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- The University does not issue an I-20 or DC-2019 for graduate certificates.
- Due to visa requirements, international students admitted into the in-person learning option are required to register for on-campus sections and attend lectures in-person.
Official transcripts are required. A PDF of the unofficial transcript, however, may be used to accompany the online application. If official transcripts are not submitted at the time of application, students receive provisional admission. Official transcripts must be submitted to receive full admission. Such information is provided in the Graduate School’s admission notification; no additional reminders are sent. Failure to submit official transcripts by the end of your first semester results in a registration block. The Graduate School removes the block when official transcripts have been received. Send official transcripts to:
Enrollment Services Operation
0130 Mitchell Building
7999 Regents Drive
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Students Who Have Successfully Completed the Graduate Certificate
Students who successfully complete requirements for the graduate certificate may apply these credits towards the master’s if the student applies and is admitted.
- If applying within a five-year period of completion, students do not need to re-submit accompanying application materials or pay the application fee.
- Students who have submitted original transcripts for the graduate certificate should upload a Word Doc into the application that states official transcripts on file.
- In addition, students may include a statement that letters of recommendation were submitted as part of graduate certificate application and should be on file. The application process requires that the applicant enter the names and emails of the recommenders. Upon submission of the application, recommenders will automatically receive an email. Applicants should notify their recommenders that they do not need to (re)submit another recommendation.
Golden Identification Program
The Golden Identification Program is not eligible for Continuing Education Programs (Graduate, Post-Baccalaureate, Non-Credit Learning) administered through Extended Studies. See Golden ID Program.