Graduate Programs Overview
The University of Maryland’s School of Public Health is one of the nation’s leading research universities and is well-positioned to advance and translate public health knowledge to improve health and well-being. It is the only accredited school of public health at a public university in the Washington, DC/Maryland/Virginia region, offering an affordable education with outstanding professional development opportunities.
The School of Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). Students are eligible to take the National Board of Public Health Examiners exam to become Certified in Public Health (CPH) after completing all the core principles of public health courses within the master's programs.
The School of Public Health offers the following online graduate programs. Designed for working professionals, students may earn a University of Maryland degree while continuing to work full-time with minimal disruption to personal and professional life. Full-time or part-time study is welcomed.
Master of Health Administration, Online (HSLO)
- Prepares graduates to manage the many complex health-related organizations including hospitals, health care systems, insurance companies, long term care facilities, managed care organizations, rehabilitation agencies, public health clinics, state agencies, among others. Learn more.
Master of Public Health in Behavioral and Community Health, Online (MBCO)
- Students participate in both academic and applied training in health behavior theory, program planning and implementation, program evaluation, health communication, public policy analysis, research, and management. Learn more.
Master of Public Health in Physical Activity, Online (PHAO)
- Prepares graduates for careers that involve integrating physical activity into public health practice at various levels. Learn more.
Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice and Policy, Online (PHPP)
- Provides a multi-disciplinary curriculum for healthcare professionals to assume leadership roles in addressing important public health practice and policy issues nationally and globally. Learn more.
Graduate Certificate in Health Data Analysis, Online (Z140)
- Emphasizes statistical methods and the computer programming skills required to manage and analyze health data sets, providing graduates with the tools necessary to improve their data analysis skills and advance their professional careers. Learn more.
Graduate Certificate in Applied Epidemiology, Online (Z152)
- Provides working professionals the opportunity to learn the concepts necessary to improve their understanding of epidemiologic methods and principles and apply them in real-world practice. Learn more.