Graduate Programs Overview
The Science Academy, housed in the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences (CMNS), draws on the university’s collective expertise to provide academic programs that are both rigorous and relevant.
Science Academy Graduate Programs translate research into applied knowledge and provides current and future professionals with invaluable skills. The programs are designed for working professionals to earn a University of Maryland degree while continuing to work full-time with minimal disruption to personal and professional life. Full-time or part-time study is welcomed.
Science Academy Graduate Programs offers the following programs. Students who successfully complete requirements for a certificate may apply these credits towards a Science Academy master’s program if the student applies and is admitted. Students with specific academic questions may contact Amy Chester, Director, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master of Professional Studies in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (MPBC)
- Provides an education in the theory and practice of the major current areas in the field including problem contexts, mathematical and statistical foundations, computational approaches, communication, and ethical, privacy and legal considerations. Learn more.
Master of Professional Studies in Data Science and Analytics (MPDA)
- Provides an education in the theory and practice of data science including mathematical and statistical foundations, computational approaches, and communication considerations. Learn more.
Master of Professional Studies in Machine Learning (MPML)
- Focuses on the methods and techniques of creating models and algorithms that learn from, and make decisions or predictions, based on data. Learn more.
Master of Professional Studies in Quantum Computing (MPQC)
- Focuses on foundational, practical, and theoretical topics in quantum computing with current state-of-the-art technology and areas of application. Learn More.
Graduate Certificate in Data Science (Z104)
- Provides a broad introduction to the field—including how to extract and clean data, store and manage large volumes of data, and analyze such data and extract insights from it. Learn more.
Graduate Certificate in Quantum Computing (Z157)
- Provides training and advanced knowledge in the area of quantum computing with hands-on exercises and experiential learning. Learn more.