Tuition and Fees
Students who register for a course in this program are assessed tuition and, if applicable, mandatory fees. The program uses the semester academic calendar.
Tuition is assessed at the University-approved per course rate. Applies to course sections PCS (in person) or PWS (online)*. The chart provides tuition costs for each semester of registration. In addition, there is an estimated tuition cost based on the total number of program courses.
Master of Professional Studies
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (MPBC)
- Data Science and Analytics (MPDA)
- Machine Learning (MPML)
- Quantum Computing (MPQC)
|Academic Year||1 Course||3 Courses||Estimated: Master's, 10 Courses|
- Data Science (Z104)
- Quantum Computing (Z157)
|Academic Year||1 Course||2 Courses||Estimated: Certificate, 4 Courses|
Mandatory fees are assessed according to location, delivery type, and semester.
|Category||Semester||Description||Academic Year 23-24|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||9 or more credits||$641.50|
|Graduate Student Fees||Fall or Spring||8 or less credits||$331.50|
|Summer Campus Fee||Summer, I or II||Flat rate||$205.00|
|Summer Distance Fee||Summer, I or II||Flat rate||$96.00|
- Graduate Student Campus Fees, Mandatory: Assessed based on the total number of registered credits each fall or spring semester/term for any course held on campus. For a breakdown of fees, see Student Financial Services - Tuition and Fees.
- Summer Campus Services Fee, Mandatory: Flat rate charged for any course registration that requires students to come to campus. Assessed for each six-week session. Supports university resources that include transportation, student union, recreation, and registration services.
- Summer Distance Learning Fee, Mandatory: Flat rate charged for any course registration that does not require students to come to campus (e.g., internships, courses offered completely online). Assessed for each six-week session. Supports university resources and registration services.
The Office of Student Financial Aid provides cost of attendance information that includes fees, living expenses (housing and food), books, supplies, equipment, transportation, and miscellaneous personal expenses. To help students determine the estimated cost of attending the University of Maryland for the academic year, see detailed information at Cost of Attendance.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees, and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.
Financial Aid Opportunities
- State and/or Federal Funding, UMD Sources of Funding, Undocumented and DACA students, see Payment Information - Financial Aid.
Alternative Payment Options
- Terp Payment Plan, Veterans and Veteran Dependents, Tuition Remission, and Third Party/Sponsored Billing, see Payment Information - Alternative Payment Options.